Friday, April 1, 2011

My First Sewing Preject!

I mentioned a few weeks back about buying my sewing machine, and sewing with friends on Fridays. I went last week and had a great time! I started my dish mat that I previously mentioned. Well I got almost half way done before it was time to leave. I thought it would be no problem to finish it at home. Well I pulled it back out on Monday. Lets just say my machine and I did not get along. I calmly walked away and left it till today. Well today I finally finished. Pretty sad it took me two Fridays to finish it. But I am slow at sewing plus we talk a good bit. I will say it might not look excellent, but I love that I finished something. Plus it is my first project so when I get really good I will have something to look back on. Also it only will ever see wet dishes so it does not need to be perfect..haha. So her she is.. I don't recommended looking really close especially if you are an expert at sewing. :)


Here she is doing what she does best.


Overall it was not a bad choice for a first project. I would probably do some other things before I make one for someone. I am currently on the lookout for a new project. We shall see what it I will pick.

2 comments: