Monday, May 2, 2011

Catching Up

Lots of things have happened since I last blogged. So things have been good and some things have been bad/horrible. I think I will address it bullet style!

* We are hopefully getting closer and closer to starting fertility treatments. Waiting to hear back from the nurse. Lately I have had such a peace about it all. But that came only after being down in a very deep valley. I am just glad to have something to look forward to and not be in limbo. So I will continue to update on that.

* Things on the sewing front have been slow. I have lots of ideas and projects I have bookmarked. All I need to do is go pick out all the fun fabrics!

* My mother in law and I went to Baltimore for the American Farm Bureau's Women's Leadership Conference. We had a great time learning new things, touring interesting places , and hearing inspirational speakers. If you ever have the opportunity to hear Patrick Henry Hughes and his father speak please go! He is a very inspiring young man!

* Patrick's grandmother has been in the hospital for a week. She was having trouble breathing last week. They found out that she had blood clots in both lungs and her right leg. She also found out she has COPD and is diabetic. Poor thing has had a lot thrown at her in a short period. Hopefully she be discharged tomorrow and will go to my MIL house till she gets her strength back.

* The worst thing that has happened has been all the tornadoes in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.. We had quite a few in Mississippi one of which was an F5 in Smithville. Of course the huge tornado in Tuscaloosa as well as other parts of Alabama. Some of the videos look so horrible it almost looks fake. Like they were out of Twister. Sadly it was all too real. Very scary! Big huge horrible tornado that destroyed people's homes, businesses, and took innocent lives. It just breaks my heart. All the devastation is too much to bare. I can't imagine all the people from those towns trying to put their lives back together. I have prayed daily, and will continue to pray. One of the girls from our church is a student at Alabama, and thankfully she was safe, and now she is helping out by collecting items to take back. I plan on getting as much together to send as possible.

* And on a final note today I went to my gym today to sign up for the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I have my box of goodies, and will start it all tomorrow. I also signed up for the six week slim down they are doing. So hopefully I will report back with good results!

No comments:

Post a Comment