Sunday, February 27, 2011

Craft Attempt

Well I have had all the materials for probably close to a year. Finally on Saturday I decided to bite the bullet. I didn't really make anything I just changed something that I got on the cheap and not my taste to something I really like.

I bought this little piece at one of favorite stores ever Hobby Lobby.


It was on the clearance aisle for $8. The previous sticker said $13.50, but I am not sure of the original price. I bought it more for the shape than the design. The shape reminds of something Pottery Barn would sell.

So yesterday I broke out my materials used so often by some of my favorite bloggers Shanty 2 Chic. First I sprayed it with Rustoleum American Accents Heirloom White. Then I used my one of my new loves Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze. You just paint on and wipe off with an old towel. It was so easy!

Here is my final product:


And I decided to put on my tv cabinet with my some of my Etta B Pottery.


While I had all my stuff out I finished up a project I started back in the fall. I will update in my next post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment