Friday, March 18, 2011

I think I can.. I think I can

A few weeks ago I decided that I would like to start sewing. Now let me just fill you in on some things. I know a lot of women had moms or grandmas that sewed, but neither my mom nor grandma sewed. I actually was the one that would sew on a button for my mom if one came off. Which was with a needle and thread, and it probably came off again very soon. So I am not sure what possessed me to buy this machine.




There she is in all her glory. I was so excited to unbox it, and look at everything included. I still have no idea what to with it. I did buy some fabric remnants to try it out. There is light at the end of the tunnel though! I found out the same week I bought it that some of my friends meet at our church to sew on Fridays. Tracy R. has been sewing forever so she is going to help me! My friend Amanda went last week, and she made something cute.

So with luck and my friends help I will hopefully be making the super cute dish mat from Fly Through Our Window. Of course I will have to use some Amy Butler fabric. And you know I will come back to post about my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment